Energy Performance Certificates

Energy Performance Certificate In Woodbridge

It is a legal requirement to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) whenever a property is: built, sold, or rented An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years. You must order an EPC for potential buyers and tenants before you market your property to sell or rent. An EPC contains:

  • information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs
  • recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money

Call me to book an EPC 01394 330 664

Buildings that do not need an EPC

These include:

  • places of worship
  • temporary buildings that will be used for less than 2 years
  • stand-alone buildings with total useful floor space of less than 50 square metres
  • industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings that do not use a lot of energy
  • some buildings that are due to be demolished
  • holiday accommodation that’s rented out for less than 4 months a year or is let under a licence to occupy
  • listed buildings – you should get advice from your local authority conservation officer if the work would alter the building’s character
  • residential buildings intended to be used less than 4 months a year

All Energy Performance Certificates are registered on the central government website which can be found by following the link below.


Need an EPC in Woodbridge?

Need an EPC? Contact me! 01394 330664 or fill out the form below.

Need an EPC?

Compare listings